Manufacturing Engineer I
Job ID: 2021-1556
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Working in a fast-paced team environment, the ME will work cross-functionally across the organization including Quality, Program Management, Logistics, Planning, Industrial Engineering, and Manufacturing. This position is responsible for executing change using process improvement methodologies, assisting in implementing the organizations Lean strategy, executing project initiatives, and training and mentoring key resources. Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods under the mentorship of the Manufacturing Engineer II.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Interfaces with Quality, Receiving Quality, Industrial Engineer and Production to integrate new products or processes into the existing production area.
- Effectively utilize Lean, Six Sigma and other CI methodologies in an appropriate and efficient manner to support the Operations Value Stream.
- Assist and support current 5S program.
- Participate and support Kaizen Events and A3s.
- Interfaces with Industrial Engineer and Production to develop shop floor photo documentation and standard work instructions.
- Develop and maintain the requirements of new tools and fixtures orders for final assembly.
- Improves and standardizes manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Identify and maintain specialty tools to support production flow.
- Acts as a First Responder for the Production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems. Identifies, communicates and resolves issues in the manufacturing process.
- Assists in developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with vendors.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Interacts with Program Management and design engineering staff concerning product design and tooling, to ensure efficient production methods.
- Support failure analysis and develops together with Production, Quality/Engineering departments effective counter measures.
- Support the implementation of Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Comfortable providing formal and informal training, coaching, and sharing best practices.
- Ability to work in teams and get positive results.
- Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors in Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 3-7 years related experience with an Associates of Engineering degree.
- A minimum of a H.S. Diploma or GED is required, with 5-7 years of work related experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in field or the related area (Production / Manufacturing Engineering).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of Aerospace requirements, materials, and outside processes such as metals and plastics.
- Interpreting Engineering Drawings
- CAD experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus
National and International travel up to 20% may be required.