Production Planner I
Job ID: 2021-1557
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Position Summary: Entry level position to plan and revise manufacturing plans and schedules in support of material requirements, in order to meet customer requirements while efficiently utilizing the companys resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Develop production plans and work instructions using SAP.
- Review and release production orders.
- Create and maintain production documents related to production orders.
- Incorporate Design Change Proposals into production plans and orders.
- Maintain production master schedule.
- Investigate and resolve production related issues.
- Coordinate schedules and changes with various departments.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as required.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Research and update validity packets to include MRB information and DCP information.
- Create and update control sheets according to (TR) Transfer Requirement Changes.
- Work MRBs assigned by planning personnel according to notes.
- Run shortage reports daily and update as required.
- Attend daily AM production meetings as required.
- Update daily status reports based on meeting information.
- Familiarity with supply chain management and manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
- Understand Engineering Bill-of-Material (BOM).
- Must remain in position a minimum of 18 months to attain MRB/CDP signoff authority.
- Must be able to work in teams and get positive results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree (BS or BBA) with work related experience preferred.
- 1-5 years of work related experience with an Associates degree.
- A minimum of a H.S. Diploma or GED and 3 - 5years of work related experience is required
- 3 years of experience in field or the related area (Production / Industrial engineering).
- Familiarity of Lean Manufacturing concepts is a plus.