Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Welder (Beaver Dam)
Job ID: 2021-1915
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 8
Metalcraft of Mayville Inc.
2nd and 3rd Shift**
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the Welder is primarily responsible for operating one or more weld machines to fabricate metal parts or assemblies to specifications applying to basic knowledge of welding theory on production basis.
- Follow WPS weld standards.
- Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformances to specifications.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- Unload welded parts from robotic welder and place on appropriate containers.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Perform basic MIG, TIG and aluminum welding techniques as needed.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in manual and robotic weld is desired
- Successful completion of an internal welding test.
- Previous knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, welding symbols, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task.