See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 1250 Heritage Pkwy
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
The Quality Technician is responsible for providing technical support in the areas of inspection, Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming, calibration, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques. This position will assist with analyzing and solving quality related issues. Additional responsibilities of the Quality Technicial will include:
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Use technical skills to setup automated measuring equipment to include Zeiss Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Giddings & Lewis Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), S&T Optical Comparator, and Keyence Image Measuring System.
- Utilize various equipment to measure features, including but not limited to calipers, height gages, snap gages, bore mics, pins, hardness tester, etc.
- Create reports describing the results and any recommendations using Excel.
- Create gage/fixture drawings for new products via hand drawings or SolidWorks.
- Provide leadership, direction, technical support, and assistance to other quality staff members on how to run and program the CMM and Image Measuring System.
- Responsible for the training and development of other manufacturing staff members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Must possess knowledge using inspection and measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Calypso metrology software.
- Ability to comprehend Trigonometry Math.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.