The primary role of the Product Owner is to represent the customer to the design and development team for new and existing products. This requires a person with visionary technical and business aptitude. You will work closely with Leadership to align team and product roadmaps with company Rocks. This is done through continual cooperative communication with Customers and Stakeholders, and utilizing knowledge garnered to change the order of items in the product backlog. You will be responsible for sprint planning with your Scrum team and executing to the sprint backlog, delivering what matters most to our customer and our company by ensuring your Scrum team is meeting sprint goals.
The primary focus of this role will be supporting our Training Platform, Range and Retail business, Protector Academy + Mobile and Partner Portal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with a cross-functional team to ensure:
- Clear understanding of the business goals and objectives
- Fulfillment of product requirements,
- Evaluates product performance and
- Transitions products from development to production users
- Assists in determining product delivery and deployment dates for new product releases, features and maintenance releases.
- Leads research and prototyping of innovative technologies and products.
- Work with business stakeholders and business partners to refine product strategy.
- Lead user testing efforts to learn and fail fast on ideas that are not successful
- Understand and demonstrate the basics of Scrum guiding the team through all ceremonies.
- Own and Maintain the Product and Sprint Backlogs; refine and prioritize, Features and User Stories for the Scrum team.
- Listen to stakeholders and analyze their business problem statement and convert that into user stories for the team to solution.
- Review and provide feedback to test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet the acceptance criteria, client business statement, and application integrity.
- Work cooperatively with other product owners to ensure consistency in development and overall user experience
Skills, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner preferred
- Experience in Writing Epics, Features and user stories
- Experience in managing and prioritizing a Product Backlog
- Guiding Scrum Ceremonies
- Passion for Analyzing Visitor Behavior - Data Analytics (conversion rates, traffic, search, keywords, etc.)
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Mastery of Facilitation and engaging stakeholders to ensure the right problems and challenges are heard, analyzed and incorporated into future product releases
- Excels at building relationships with stakeholders, teams, and clients
- Technical Experience creating and/or implementing Web Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of Website and Application User Experience
- Working knowledge of Direct Response Marketing & SEO
- Ability to make an impact to people, process, tools in the first 90 days
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment and changing business priorities
- Contagious positivity
- Maintains a high level of quality and accountability; strives to make their products and peers better
- Strong independent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to foster and navigate healthy conflict
- Exceptional facilitation and group problem solving skill
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet rapid deadlines
- Cool under pressure
- Time management and reliability
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC