Position Summary: This role is for a take charge and experienced event planning professional with the ability to shape the future of consumer experiential marketing at USCCA through the preparation, execution and evaluation of the company's presence at both consumer and trade events. This role requires a skilled marketer, that has proven administrative and logistical competencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Formulates and carries out strategies that conform to organizational marketing objectives and standards.
- Takes an innovative approach to drive relevance with consumers
- Schedules and sets up booths and displays including making the necessary logistical arrangements, ensuring that all materials are delivered and installed appropriately.
- Executes consumer events at partner venues in partnership with the retail marketing and member experience teams
- Evaluates brand performance following events by leveraging analytics to assess and make recommendations for changes and modifications as needed.
- Coordinates staffing including booking hotels, order technical provisions, plan catering and required materials.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to a trade show budget.
- Work with varying departments across the company to meet any needs as it relates to event planning or assistance.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field is preferred
- 3 years of experience in event planning and trade show planning experience
- Possesses solid working knowledge of trade show coordination and the industry
- Stellar organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to problem solve, written communication skills along with strategic thinking skills.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments spanning a variety of staff and departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision, in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel required for this role (weekends and evenings) up to 65%
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC