Compassionate Certified Substance Use Counselor Needed!
BAART Programs is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services at our clinic in Oakland, California.
BAART's opioid use treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At BAART, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
MUST be a Certified Counselor with the State of California
Title: Full Time Substance Use Counselor
Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Monday - Friday 5am-1pm (1 hour paid lunch)
Primary Job Function:
Opioid use counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid use. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patient progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patient's achieving improved outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Certified for substance use counseling in the State of California.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Bilingual Preferred
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Free CEUs offered
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals life
- Birthday PTO
What to expect from us:
BAART a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.