Job Title: Manual Machinist - Seattle, WA
Department: Rotating Equipment Services
Reports To: Shop Foreman / Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Location: South Seattle, WA
The Machinist will perform hands on machining operations and support maintenance, troubleshooting, assessment, and repair work on valves (Block Valves, PSV / SRV, and / or pneumatic and electric actuators) based on the associated skill level. The Machinist will also travel to/from customer sites and/or an ISS Service center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform machining and other support operations on individual components of valves, pumps, turbines, and other industrial equipment utilizing various manual machines.
- Perform hands-on workshop and / or on-site valve troubleshooting / assessment, maintenance, testing (pre / post), and / or repair of valves and actuators.
- Perform hands-on workshop and / or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of valves and actuators. Machine material and / or parts with various machining equipment.
- Ensure work and used materials are following manufacturer specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
- Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the on-site Bay Valve Service supervisor as required.
- Perform day to day and routine safety observations and inspections.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 0 - 3 years of related experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
- Understanding of pressure and ability to service valves in a production environment.
- Operational experience in the oil and gas industry with respect to system operations, prime movers, and associated valves.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
- Certificate holder for safe operation of Propane powered 5000 lb. capacity forklift.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to generate service reports and communicate within the company including skills to navigate web-based service literature and programs.
Must be capable to work in conditions that are consistent with a manufacturing and service organization consisting of work environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at a heavy industry facility. A variety of tools and processes will be encountered by the selected candidate and work will involving frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Must pass an initial alcohol and drug test and adhere to all company policies including the Drug and Alcohol Policy for continued employment. Loose-fitting clothing and jewelry will not be permitted, and long hair must be tied back.
*Relocation assistance available
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.