See all jobs in Los Angeles CA
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
The future of sustainable plastics is here. Revolution Company is a global brand unified by a single mission: creating plastics that help preserve our environment. Spanning nearly every industry, our family of brands delivers sustainable, high-quality plastic products to both consumers and companies alike. Our brands include Delta Plastics, Revolution Ag, Revolution Bag, Rodeo Plastic, Command Packaging, and Polar Plastics.
Join our team and be a part of building a world that creates a smaller footprint with a bigger impact. Together, we can make a difference in reinventing plastics for good. I guarantee you have never seen plastic like this.
Revolution Company is now hiring for a Bag Machine Operator position for its Evening Shift in Vernon, CA. This role will be responsible for preparing, operating, and maintaining roll-feed. The ideal candidate will work with the Packer to ensure that the product quality and special requests are met. The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who has strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Read and understand a job card, call out specifications, and confirm that the machine's production card and product are the same and ready to run.
- Perform routine checks on the machine to ensure it is safe and functioning properly; report any unsafe condition(s) of the machine to the Supervisor and Maintenance.
- Operate a variety of equipment and vehicles; utilizing various hand tools as required.
- Arrange for the routine maintenance and repair of conversion equipment as needed.
- Work closely with Packers and or Production Assistants, assisting in moving pallets and unloading boxes.
- Communicate effectively with others of any changes or when rolls are flagged.
- Monitor the daily operation of the machine by ensuring that the product is effectively produced.
- Thread film through rollers on the conversion machine.
- Insert 35 lb. air shaft to change the new roll on the conversion machine.
- Monitor the run of the rolls and make sure punch is centered, the wave is the correct size, and adjust gussets and air pockets.
- Maintain a clean and organized area.
- Ability to comply with all company Health and Safety regulations.
- Necessary math skills - Addition, subtraction, and multiplication to record accurate reports.
- Essential reading and writing skills.
- Ability to speak and write English and Spanish - a plus.
Revolution Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
#bagmachineoperator #machineoperator #operator #plastics #manufacturing #operations #maintenance #productquality