See all jobs in Fort Smith AR
Job Location: Fort Smith, AR
Location: US-AR-Fort Smith
Address: 5721 S. Zero Street
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
The Rivet Machine Operator is responsible for performing all types of machine riveting on such materials as canvas, leather, nylon web, cotton web, vulcanized fiber, Klein Kord and other materials. This position will produced products to include tool bags, leather and canvas pouches, fiber guards, harnesses, etc. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Align and position parts against anvil to set rivets in products by pressing foot levers according to schematics.
- Remain alert for in-process product imperfections and bring them to the supervisor's attention.
- Move work within the department after completion.
- Set-up rivet machines.
- Exercise safety procedures to prevent injury to oneself and coworkers, and to prevent damage to equipment.
- Read and check off daily safety operation procedures before starting the machine.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School and two (2) years related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess knowledge of the different types of materials and their characteristics and flaws for quality acceptability.
- Must possess knowledge using hand tools.
- Demonstrate basic math, reading, writing and comprehension skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with all employees and management staff.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.