See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 1250 Heritage Pkwy
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for performing functions required to transport manufactured material flow inter and intraplant including purchased components and outside vendor operations. Maintain and update various computer and manual systems to ensure the timely delivery of manufactured product, accurate count of inventory, and effective utilization of the Kanban program. Must be highly proficient with computer systems and qualified to safely operate powered industrial trucks and equipment.
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, and wearing required PPE.
- Complete all forklift safety training and perform daily safety inspections of material handling equipment.
- Transport materials including moving inbound/outbound materials within production cells, prepare and pack materials for shipping, prepare bills of lading to route materials, and maintain copies of all shipping paperwork.
- Maintain data within computer systems including cycle count inventory and locations of all materials, print production tickets and job packets, check Bills of Material and verify material move requirements, and check the status of orders to prepare for weekly shipments to meet shipping schedule.
- Correspond with outside vendor representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications, and request the expediting of parts if necessary.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Report accurate count of production parts, scrap, and labor hours by completing required paperwork and/or electronic entry.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
- Participate in various lean manufacturing activities to improve products, reduce waste, or learn new skills or operations.
- Assist manufacturing team members with material requests and production reporting as needed.
- Perform special assignments and/or duties as required.
Qualified candidates will hold a High School diploma or GED, and have at least 1 year of related work experience in a manufacturing environment (powered industrial truck operation preferred); Basic math skills; must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.; Ability to use email and Microsoft office; effective communication skills (ability to communicate with team members and outside vendors through verbal and written form); Active learning skills (ability to learn, problem solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents); Ideal candidates will also have the ability to update data and navigate through material requirements planning software and supply chain software such as production reporting, inventory location/cycle count software, etc.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Sitting, Standing, Walking up to 10 hours per day (can rotate)
- Bending/twisting neck, up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
- Bending/twisting waist, up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
- Hand movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Arm movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Pushing/pulling weight (assisted), up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
- Lifting weight, up to 35 lbs. up to 8 hours per day (frequently)
- Lifting weight, up to 75 lbs. occassionally (assisted team lift)
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.