See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 1250 Heritage Pkwy
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
This is a 4th shift position working Friday - Sunday: 5pm to 5am
The Manufacturing Team Member III is responsible for setting up, operating, monitoring, and adjusting multi-axis CNC milling/grinding/lathe, injection molding, induction, multiple grinders, or other various types of semi-automated equipment or manually adjusting final
product depending on assigned area. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting the machine when necessary, which involves diagnosing breakdowns, disassembling equipment, and replacing defective machine components.
1. Run production jobs on multi-axis CNC milling/grinding/lathe, injection molding, induction, multiple grinders, or other various types of semi-automated equipment or manually adjust final product per written or verbal work 0instructions to produce quality parts while maintaining productivity standards.
2. Inspect product for quality throughout production run using a variety of measuring tools such as a caliper, micrometer, comparator, laser Keyence, profilometer, a variety of gauges, etc., record inspection findings, and write detailed downtime and other shift communications in a log book.
3. Read work orders and blueprints to identify appropriate specifications for machine setup and product quality. Review work orders to ensure bill of materials are accurate and all inventory transactions are performed correctly.
4. Perform offsets to the program and adjustments to the machine feed, speed, and axis points to ensure part specification and quality standards are maintained as necessary. Complex issues beyond basic offsets or equipment adjustments are reported to higher level for problem-solving.
5. Troubleshoot minor or major machine issues by diagnosing breakdowns, disassembling equipment, and replacing, reseting, and sharpening machine tooling as necessary depending on assigned area.
6. Perform machine set ups including, but not limited to, changing fixtures, tooling bars, dies, and selecting and loading the program.
7. Perform general machine maintenance such as cleaning the machine, checking oil and coolant levels, and adding additional oil and coolant as necessary.
8. Report accurate count of production parts, scrap, and labor hours by completing required paperwork and/or electronic entry.
9. Comply with established 6S standards and participate in various lean manufacturing activities to improve products, reduce waste, or learn new skills or operations.
10. Cross-train by rotating to different machines and work areas as required.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Three (3) years of related experience is required. Klein employees may be eligible for consideration with one (1) year of Klein Tools tenure. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge in operating CNC, milling, grinding, or injection molding machines preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English. Ability to demonstrate basic math and computer skills and perform visual quality inspections. Ability to learn, problem-solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents. Ability to communicate and work as a team member. Ability to obtain a Klein provided crane certification may be required. Ability to work overtime as needed by the company is required.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.