See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 1250 Heritage Pkwy
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides engineering support in the areas of manufacturing processes, process documentation, manufacturing engineering, systems, procedures, equipment, tooling, and facilities. This position leads moderate to complex engineering assignments and projects with multiple departmental interactions regarding all manufacturing processes.
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations,
understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing required PPE.
- Provide engineering support, direction and follow up in the development of new tooling and fixturing.
Participate in operational and financial analysis to recommend new tooling and equipment to provide improved manufacturing processes through increased quality and reduced cost.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to analyze manufacturing difficulties to determine root cause and define corrective actions in support of on-going operational activities.
- Provide leadership, direction, technical support, training and assistance to other manufacturing staff members.
- Provide engineering support in the design, documentation, and implementation of manufacturing processes for operating facilities as required to improve process capability, reliability, consistency, and throughput.
- Participate in the documentation of manufacturing processes and setups. This includes the use of current processes and the implementation of new processes and applications dedicated to the management of these documents.
- Assist in the implementation of World-Class Principles (i.e.: T.Q.M., Kanban, Demand Flow, and Cellular Manufacturing) to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste.
- Produce accurate and complete engineering drawings using CAD or alternate methods as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years of related work experience. Must possess basic knowledge of tooling design methods and machine tool programming.
Candidates must possess the ability to use Microsoft Office and CAD software, to communicate effectively both orally and written and to communicate and work as a team member.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your resume.
No phone calls please.