Responsible for closing of all secondary and in-house mortgage loans. Pay range for this hourly position is $19.17 - $28.76 with a progressive benefits package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival. Consistent usage of the members name during contact and always thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Builds and maintains relationships in the real estate community, which includes but is not limited to realtors, attorneys, abstractors, and insurance companies.
- Fields and returns phone calls from the mortgage group line and returns phone calls/emails from borrowers regarding their mortgage loan.
- Schedules closings with members and all other involved parties in the absence of the MLO or Mortgage Associate.
- Orders final inspections, flood determinations when necessary, verification of employment, verification of mortgage or rents and other documents necessary to support the loan application and ensure complete documentation of the loan file.
- Orders the necessary title work through abstract/title companies and attorney's office. This would include but is not limited to (abstract update, 900/901 searches, buyer's searches and day of closing searches). Reviews and verifies title work is clear to close and works with all parties involved to clear title objections.
- Orders and reviews both the compliance report and fraud report for accuracy and discrepancies and makes any necessary corrections.
- Submits file information to automated underwriting system when necessary and verifies accuracy of the findings.
- Organizes documents in appropriate order in the LOS system and submits final applications to underwriting for approval when necessary. .
- Follows up on any prior to docs and closing conditions for secondary market and in-house loans.
- Verifies accuracy of homeowners insurance and flood insurance if applicable (personal and association) and requests mortgagee clause change prior to closing.
- Requests closing numbers and all transfer documentation from closing agents, realtors, and attorneys in order to prepare closing documents. Works closely with all attorneys and realtor companies to obtain this information.
- Sends and monitors the closing disclosure to verify the closing disclosure has been sent at least 3 days in advance of closing. Will notify MLO/Associate if CD is not viewed 3 days prior to closing.
- Responsible for re-disclosing any additional fees, changes on rates and terms, etc. after the initial CD has gone out and there are changes to be made. Prepares closing documents and closing disclosure statement. Verifies all fees and invoices have been collected. Issues all checks and posts general ledger entries for those invoices and fees. Overnights and/or wires payoffs and proceeds as requested on all purchase transactions. Verifies the accuracy of the closing documents to ensure the address, legal description, initial escrow disclosure, etc. is correct.
- Organizes documents in LOS system to be sent to post closing department in a timely manner to ensure prompt delivery to investors and prompt recording of the mortgages.
- Ensures accuracy of Warranty Deed, Ground Water Hazard Statement, Declaration of Value, Mortgage and any additional documents that are to be recorded prior to closing
- Resolves any secondary market suspensions or deficiencies and follows-up on any missing documentation in mortgage file in a timely manner.
- Assists in year-end verification of HMDA reporting and 1098/1099 statements.
- Assists in all other necessary mortgage duties and projects when needed.
- Adheres to all state, federal and credit union regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way during member contact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such contacts.
- Ability to provide quality service to members by phone or in person or by email.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to operate related computer applications, on-line terminal and other standard office equipment such as a calculator and typewriter.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Lending policies and Real Estate knowledge helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) with a minimum of one year previous related work experience.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to Mortgage Sales and Loan Support Supervisor
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.