GreenState Credit Union
Information Technology Programmer Analyst II
Job ID: 2021-2653
Type: Exempt Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
GreenState Credit Union
GreenStates Information Technology department adheres to the corporate values and acts as a business partner who understands the needs of the business, enables business units to meet strategic objectives through technology, and provides employees and members with quality technology platforms that are always available, always relevant, and always scalable.
The Programmer/Analyst II contributes to the credit union by creating new, and maintaining existing, production applications. The position works closely with Business Application Services in regards to development, analysis and troubleshooting. The Programmer/Analyst II creates and provides efficient and resourceful technology solutions. The solutions may be achieved by integrating 3rd party applications or creating new programs in house, or perhaps a blend of both. The end result of the technology solutions will enable the credit union to meet or exceed various business strategies.
Salary range for this position is $74,767.50 - $112,151.25 with a progressive benefit package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
Ensures confidentiality of member information.
Works alone and/or as part of a team to provide technical support to project team members.
Helps troubleshoot advanced and more complex concepts in regards to project and programming support on host-based systems. The support includes both business and non-business hours.
Creates, modifies, and implements program applications, most of which connect directly to the main host data processing system; Many of the developed applications utilize proprietary development tools provided by the host data processing vendor
The position will dedicate time to up-front design and architecture, attempting to reuse existing programming code when possible
Leads peer code reviews and inspections for the purpose of program optimization, especially on main frame program development
Possesses intermediate knowledge in regards to secure coding concepts. Has knowledge of commonly used programming concepts, practices and procedures and complies with all policies and procedures outlined in the Information Technology Operations Guide.
Maintains existing application infrastructure to include troubleshooting problems, enhancement possibilities, and ensures high availability of Systems Integrations responsible delivery channels.
Continuously looks at new ways of introducing process improvement in all aspects of the development life cycle. Performance, improved productivity, efficiencies, and optimization are key measurements.
Communication at all levels is key factor to the success of the position. Technical documentation, emails, meetings, and client updates are extremely important forms of communication.
Consistent performance relating to accuracy, output, and production are expected from this position.
Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks.
Maintains a mid level degree of knowledge in regards to programming and technical support gained through formal experience.
Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with emphasis on application development, or Completion of a specialized course of study in a related field at a business or trade school, or Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprentice program in a related field.
- Three years of equivalent experience; with emphasis on application development with 2 years of proven work experience in a programmer role.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Financial industry experience strongly preferred.
- A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding mid-level database, including proprietary and/or structured or open relational databases such as MS SQL
- Demonstrated experience with development tools, code versioning, and program management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of data standards (exchange and storage)
- Demonstrated knowledge of data reporting concepts and systems
Reports to the Business Applications Manager.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.