The Mortgage Loan Post Closer is a position requiring a steady, accurate, and analytical worker who wants to do things right every time. As a Mortgage Loan Post Closer you will be accountable for the accuracy and completeness of all mortgage loan documentation, file maintenance, and scanning. Come be a part of our stable and respected team. We will value your good work and your loyal, consistent attitude and will show this by providing competent management and good benefits.
This full-time, non-exempt position requires a minimum of 40 hours/week. Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Loan volume often dictates additional work hours, which are necessary to meet critical deadlines and member demands. As such, the ability and availability to work flexible hours to accomplish workloads is a must. GreenState offers an outstanding benefits package that includes: 401(k) plan with generous match feature; health, dental, life and disability coverage; as well as a generous paid time off program.
Base wage range for the position is $17.04 to $25.56 per hour.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times. Consistent usage of the members name during contact and always thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service with all secondary market vendors, including but not limited to weekly check in calls with vendors.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Interacts with various lending teams to ensure all necessary documents are included in the file to be sent to secondary market including any conditions required by AUS or GreenState underwriter.
- Assumes an audit function for files prior to shipping the file to the secondary market. Ensures all necessary documents are complete and included in all files before completing the file as required by GreenState underwriter.
- Uploads all files to secondary market vendors by investors lock date to ensure prompt delivery and reduction of roll fees and extension fees.
- Delivers insurance letters to change the mortgagee clause for secondary market files.
- Delivers the Corelogic flood determination transfer letter to certain investors.
- Maintains accuracy of Warranty Deed, Ground Water Hazard Statement, Declaration of Value, Mortgage and any additional documents that are to be recorded Uploads documentation for recording to the appropriate County Recorder in a timely manner to ensure GreenState maintains their first lien position.
- Orders final title commitment (901s) and follows up after closing to ensure prompt delivery of Title Guaranty to reduce final documentation fees from secondary market investors.
- Sends final documentation to secondary market after Title Guaranty is received and mails out abstracts to appropriate individuals/organizations.
- Delivers notes to investors in a timely manner to prevent roll fees.
- Manages and is responsible for the he suspension and funding reports on a daily basis. Uploads all necessary documents to investor to prevent delay and any roll fees with investor.
- Balances the secondary market funding when a loan is sold to ensure accurate postings by both vendor and MLA.
- Registers all secondary market loans with MERS in a timely manner to ensure accuracy of lien position and to prevent delays in the loans being purchased.
- Activates and pays PMI in a timely manner on loans that require PMI.
- Ensures receipt of first payments for required secondary market loans through mailings and other forms of member contact.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of mortgage loan data entry on core system for piggyback second mortgages.
- Follows up on any missing documentation in mortgage file and scans and indexes all closed in-house mortgage loan file documentation.
- Creates a permanent file for all files to retain documents such as the original Note and Mortgage. Files all in-house mortgage files by numerical sequence. Performs additional miscellaneous filing as necessary.
- Ensures neatness and organization of loan file/document storage.
- Tracks mortgage loan file/document retention. Coordinates shredding and disposal of mortgage loan files/documentation when the file/documentation are no longer required to be retained.
- Works directly with members and loan officer for the coordination of all loan advances and reimbursements on construction loans.
- Manages construction loan portal on GreenState Mortgage Website and monthly mailings to vendors to collect any missing lien waivers and documents accordingly to avoid liens to obtain final title policy.
- Orders Verafin/OFAC on vendors for requests over $10,000.00.
- Communicates directly with members and the loan officer to obtain and manage construction loan extension requests.
- Creates and sends construction loan extension documentation to members to avoid loan maturing and extend the loans as documentation is received back.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way during member contact and to gather data from a number of sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such contacts.
- Ability to provide quality service to members by phone or in person.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to operate related computer applications, an on-line terminal and other standard office equipment.
- Lending policies and Real Estate knowledge helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED.) with six months to one year previous related work experience or post secondary degree in Business, Mathematical Science, or other related field.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to the Mortgage Servicing and Post Closing Officer.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.