GreenState Credit Union
Bilingual Member Benefit Executive
Job ID: 2021-2685
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
GreenState Credit Union, a stable company that values high standards and rewards loyalty and excellent work, is looking for a conscientious, detail oriented person to be our Member Benefit Executive. This position is responsible for acquiring, expanding, and enriching member relationships, while providing service in an exceptional manner by telephone or telecommunications. Via telephone and telecommunication systems;
- Acts as credit unions primary representative to the members and general public.
- Provides account service to members and assists credit union staff in daily transactions and inquiries of all types on share and consumer credit union products and services.
- Promotes and provides credit union products and services to new and existing members with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary.
- Responsible for opening and closing all types of share accounts and consumer loans, as well as for the necessary collection of overdrawn accounts and delinquent loans.
- Responsible for interviewing and counseling applicants for consumer loans in accordance with established lending guidelines and practices and within individual approval authority.
Excellent benefits, and a great opportunity to be part of a highly reputable and stable company. The hourly pay range for this position is $18.88 - $28.32.
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Acknowledge/Greet each member with Welcome to Your Credit Union
- Appearance Adhere to GreenStates Credit Union dress code policy for front line staff
- Communication Speak professionally and clearly. Use proper vocabulary such as Good Morning, Happy to help, Certainly, Absolutely etc.
- Individual Needs Take ownership of members issues and creates a positive experience.
- Exceed Expectations Always go above and beyond expectations and performance requests with the smile, happy to help attitude.
- Confidence Own your knowledge
- Thank you Thank each member for their business and make them feel valued.
- Promotes and implements GreenStates values:
- We Go Above and Beyond
- Were Truthful and Accountable
- Were Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- We Embrace Continuous Improvement and Efficiency
- We Create Fun
- We Build Positive Team Spirit
- We Grow Through Learning
- Were Bold yet Humble
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Actively reaches out to members and potential members about credit union products and services, ensuring that potential leads are worked and profiled in a timely manner.
- Opens all types of share accounts via phone and incoming web applications.
- Opens all types for consumer loans.
- Educates members about their financial choices, by asking about and understanding their needs, and responding by recommending appropriate financial products and services. Provides consistent follow through.
- Interviews members and potential members for credit union products and makes appropriate recommendations to underwriters.
- Services all credit union products and services.
- Services and promotes all credit union products and services.
- Keeps abreast of all Credit Union product and procedure changes.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposit and loan regulations.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet credit union objectives.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED) and a minimum of two years of financial experience preferably with knowledge of all GreenState accounts and products. Sales experience recommended.
- Proactive ability and desire to make outbound calls
- Sales ability and interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way during member contact.
- Accuracy in handling member transactions and inquiries.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to operate related telephone and computer systems.
- Driven to meet department and individual sales goals.
- Work independently to complete tasks.
- Must have excellent communication skills via phone and web channels.
- Must be bondable.
- Knowledge of consumer loan and deposit policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
Reports to the Vice President/Member Assistance Center Manager.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.