GreenState Credit Union
Finance Analyst I
Job ID: 2021-2699
Type: Exempt Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
The Finance Analyst I will work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller to coordinate and execute financial and reporting duties and responsibilities of the credit union and subsidiary entities. Responsible for ensuring that all FinTech and Retail participation general ledger accounts are balanced on a regular basis as well as provide updated profitability and analytical reports related to these products. This position is also responsible for the accurate and timely compilation, reporting and analysis of all financial activity of related CUSO entities. Occasionally, will perform other special projects and assignments as may be directed by the Controller.
Salary range for this position is $65,277 - $97,915.50 with a progressive benefit package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed, and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, and teamwork in interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Maintains loan database and performs appropriate account reconciliations for all FinTech loan activity, on a regular, timely basis.
- Prepares profitability analysis and other reports as requested from senior management for all FinTech vendors.
- Ensures all retail participated loan transactions are accurately and timely recorded.
- Provides senior management with monthly analytical reporting for participated loans, including (but not limited to) profitability and delinquency status of individual loans within the portfolio.
- Possesses a working knowledge of current core operating systems (Episys, Silverlake and Harland) and general ledger balancing processes across multiple departments of the Credit Union.
- Prepares daily general ledger reconciliation for loan settlement accounts.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely compilation, reporting and analysis of all financial activity of CUSO entities, including preparation of monthly financial statements and any other reporting requested by senior management.
- Monitors collateral balances for all public entity deposits to ensure policy compliance.
- Prepares monthly Federal reserve collateral reporting.
- Cross-trains within the department.
- Assists in the preparation, distribution, and analysis of miscellaneous monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Performs any other temporary or permanent duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or closely related field or equivalent combination of training and experience of at least three years.
- Experience in financial industry a plus but not required.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- General knowledge and understanding of a financial institutions products, services, and reports.
- PC proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing software required.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following software and systems; Microsoft Power BI, R, Python, SQL, Microsoft Visual Basic (VBA).
- Ability to work with multiple data sources and validate accuracy of information.
- Skilled in human relations with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be a motivated, self-starting individual with a focus on detail-oriented projects.
- Ability to independently analyze complex accounting transactions and general ledger variances.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resourceful and well organized with strong time management skills to manage and prioritize multiple work assignments efficiently.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees across the organization.
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work additional and/or unconventional hours as demanded by the workload.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule as needed to accomplish all duties.
- Must be bondable.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice-President/Controller.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.