GreenState Credit Union
BSA/Fraud Specialist I
Job ID: 2021-2712
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Compliance and Risk
GreenState Credit Union
This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing system generated alerts for potentially illegal or fraudulent transactions, fielding calls and emails on fraud and suspicious activity issues from operational departments. This position will provide superior member service to internal staff.
Pay range for this hourly position is $18.76 - $28.13, with a progressive benefits package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
1. Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
2. Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
3. Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
4. Ensures confidentiality of member information
5. Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
6. Displays thorough knowledge and understanding of the Credit Unions financial products, services, members, and geographic locations, and the potential money laundering and terrorist financing risks associated with those activities.
7. Reviews and analyzes fraud and card alerts provided by the Verafin monitoring system that identifies deposit accounts that may be engaging in or being targeted for illegal and/or fraudulent activity.
8. Fields calls, emails and inquiries on fraud account issues from operational and frontline departments. Advise frontline staff on resolution of fraud account issues.
9. Fields calls, emails and inquiries from operational and frontline departments concerning questions with BSA related requirements and processes.
10. Reviews and analyzes BSA alerts generated by the Verafin monitoring system, for potential money laundering, BSA violations, terrorist financing and other financial crimes.
11. Reviews and analyzes potential hits of member database against OFAC watchlists. Provides expertise and advice to operations staff regarding potential OFAC watchlist hits.
12. Continues to build proficiency of BSA techniques and AML principles by attending training, and continuing education courses as appropriate.
13. Responsible for closing accounts, establishing new accounts and moving loans for members experiencing fraudulent account and/or loan activity. This includes, but is not limited to, closing accounts, establishing new accounts, moving loans, online banking, ordering debit cards and ordering checks.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
1. Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
2. Ability and desire to interact with co-workers to develop positive and effective working relationships in all areas of Credit Union services.
3. Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way during periods of stressful member contact.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such contact.
5. Ability to effectively analyze information and situations in the course of reviews and investigations.
6. Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
7. Ability to quickly adapt to and analyze a wide variety of potentially sensitive situations involving member accounts and member contact.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Accuracy and attention to detail required.
10. Strong computer literacy and knowledge of computer software (MS Office).
11. Must be bondable.
12. High School diploma or equivalent along with one to three years banking or BSA/AML/Fraud related experience.
Reports to the Vice President/Compliance & Risk.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.