The Category Manager will be in charge of the Disposable Food Service Product category at R.J. Schinner for all regions. He/she will be responsible for category performance including but not limited to sourcing new product, managing supplier relationships, negotiating prices and providing support to sales, purchasing and other teams within R.J. Schinner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Select vendors for both branded and private label products in the category
- Develop, maintain and evaluate supplier relationships
- Negotiate and document vendor supply agreements, supplier pricing and rebate agreements.
- Ensure vendor compliance with R.J. policies
- Choose items for promotions and support buyers with disposition on non-moving inventory
- Communicate with all levels of the organization and cross-functionally
- Meet or exceed category expectations for sales, margin, and inventory turns.
- Support RJ Schinner initiatives to develop R.J. brands and national accounts.
- Travel required based on company needs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of knowledge within Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency and knowledge of ERP system, preferably Solar Eclipse
- Proficiency and strong knowledge of marketing, media and design software
- Effectively communicate and interact cross-functionally at all levels of the company
- Ability to lead projects or a small team with minimal guidance at times
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities and multiple projects to meet deadlines
Bachelors degree with an emphasis on marketing, supply chain or purchasing. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working for a distribution/re-distribution company with job responsibilities of category management of food service products.