See all jobs in Long Beach CA
Job Location: Long Beach, CA
Location: US-CA-Long Beach
Requisition ID: 24294
Category: Human Resources
Position Type: Full-Time
Provides assistance to business unit functional area on difficult or complex matters which may include, employment and personnel documentation, compensation, and benefits. Acts as a liaison between business units, all levels of staff management, compensation, benefits, payroll, legal counsel, and outside service providers.
- Provides guidance on employee relations issues; trains, coaches and counsels managers on policies, procedures and the corrective action process.
- Zone's point of contact for issue resolution and facilitation in the areas of employee relations, performance management, salary administration, benefit inquiries and employee discipline.
- Conducts investigations of internal complaints of discrimination, ethics violations, unfair practices, fraud and theft. Prepares formal reports of findings and recommendations for the review of the Zone Director.
- Collaborates with management to resolve employee relations issues including those involving legal counsel.
- Acts as liaison to other divisions to avoid any conflicts or misunderstanding and ensure implemented Plans and Programs are effective and running smoothly.
- Conducts exit interviews when necessary.
- Provides guidance to employees and management regarding the application and understanding of FMLA, ADA, Title VII, FLSA, Equal Pay, ADEA, etc.
- Interprets various federal, state, and local laws to ensure compliance. Provides counsel to senior management regarding pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation.
- Collaborates with Managers and Compensation to collect job data/specifications to aid in the revision and/or development of role profiles and/or career paths.
- Develops, prepares and conducts training sessions; analyzes results and provides input related to current and projected training and management development requirements.
- Analyzes HR data for reporting purposes such as headcount, hires, terminations, reductions in force, turnover, etc.
- Tracks employment and HR trends.
- Researches and analyzes internal employee data to determine appropriate salary adjustments for transfers, promotions/demotions, etc.
- Partners with business units to determine appropriate salary adjustments based on research. Provides guidance when necessary.
- Provides guidance to business units regarding the communication of salary changes.
- Responsible for confirming and processing organizational changes/restructurings consistent with promotions, transfers, etc. as well as major company re-organizations that are usually confidential in nature.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective employee relations, development, retention, and reward programs.
- Understands business goals and recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- May provide guidance to Business Partner and Associate level team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7 relevant experience as an HR Representative, Recruiter, or Business Partner.
- Advanced organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- May require up to 20% National travel including overnight stays (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary), may vary based on need.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of the Canon and Oc brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to: improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.