See all jobs in Alma MI
Job Location: Alma, MI
Are you a perfectionist? Love to drive results? Join our team as a Painter II a Merrill Technologies Group. As a Painter you are responsible of preparation of areas that need to be coated: brush or spray operations of manufactured products requiring standard finishes where advanced knowledge of blast is required for proper coating adhesion. This position directly impacts the appearance and durability of the customer products.
APPLY NOW - TEXT "HireMe" to 57682
- Requires physical dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Prepares surfaces for painting.
- Applies primer and other coating per paint specifications and blueprints.
- Clean and maintain work area to provide a safe and organized work environment.
- Must be able to disassemble and re-assemble paint equipment for cleaning, ensuring the availability of equipment in safe and clean operating condition.
- Responsible for a high quality products and on time delivery.
- High School Diploma
- Three (3) years of experience as an industrial painter.
- Attention to detail, hardworking, mechanical, and organized.
- Ability to read and understand paint specification and blueprints to complete task independently.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. with frequent bending, stooping, twisting, and climbing of ladders.
- Advance knowledge of painting method preferred.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: MERRILL Technologies Group, Inc. consists of nearly 700,000 square foot of manufacturing floor space that has the capability to deliver innovative manufacturing solutions to Aviation, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Energy, Robotics and Machine Tool industries. Diverse capabilities allow MERRILL to be a single source manufacturer, of complex fabrications, precision machining of components and assemblies, mission-critical aviation and defense equipment, special purpose manufacturing systems, utilizing innovative engineering comprehensive project integration.
Why Join Our Team? We put 'precision' in manufacturing. Be part of a performance you can measure. Advance your career in a company that has Trusted Quality, Price and Delivery. With competitive pay and benefits, MERRILL is a leading company to become an Employer of Choice for our team members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
HOURS: 40+ hours as needed to meet obligations and deadlines. Hourly position.
SHIFT: Various Shifts
LOCATION: MI, Alma
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by Merrill Technologies Group.
Merrill Technologies Group uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective June 2016.
LOCATION: Republic Avenue