See all jobs in Saginaw MI
Job Location: Saginaw, MI
Are you a leader? Do you work well with others? Love to drive results? Join our team as a Proposals Engineer at MERRILL Technologies Group. As a Proposals Engineer you are responsible for creating proposals for customers, preparing cost estimates for new proposals, contract changes and requests for quotations utilizing basic engineering data, drawings, customer specifications and related information, summarizing total cost estimates, and preparing cost studies for management.
APPLY NOW - TEXT "HireMe" to 57682
- Review and analyze customer specifications and data from other departments to compile information for bids and prepare proposals is accordance to customer requirements.
- Obtain Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Manager and management's approval prior to any proposal submission to the customer.
- Responsible for adhering to company pricing policies and gathering customer and internal feedback at the time of job completion.
- High School diploma, knowledge of products, material, and components related to the machine tool industry and the processes necessary to design and manufacture equipment.
- Five (5) years of experience in the machine tool industry with several years in sales or project management.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate data and develop ideas.
- The ability to work independently and also well with others (sales, engineering, management, vendors) to create proposals that meet the customers' expectations, problem solver, organized, good written and verbal skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Preferences: Bachelor's degree in related field and experience in component pricing.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: MERRILL Technologies Group, Inc. consists of nearly 700,000 square foot of manufacturing floor space that has the capability to deliver innovative manufacturing solutions to Aviation, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Energy, Robotics and Machine Tool industries. Diverse capabilities allow MERRILL to be a single source manufacturer, of complex fabrications, precision machining of components and assemblies, mission-critical aviation and defense equipment, special purpose manufacturing systems, utilizing innovative engineering comprehensive project integration.
Why Join Our Team? We put 'precision' in manufacturing. Be part of a performance you can measure. Advance your career in a company that has Trusted Quality, Price and Delivery. With competitive pay and benefits, MERRILL is a leading company to become an Employer of Choice for our team members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
HOURS: 45-50 or more hours as needed to meet obligations and deadlines. Salaried position.
SHIFT: -not applicable-
LOCATION: MI, Saginaw
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by Merrill Technologies Group.
Merrill Technologies Group uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective June 2016.
LOCATION: Florence Street