See all jobs in Saginaw MI
Job Location: Saginaw, MI
Do you love running CNC machines? Love to work with your hands? Love to drive results? Join our team as a CNC Machinist II at Merrill Technologies Group. As a CNC Machinist you are responsible for checking out programming and running a job from start to finish on a CNC machine to meet all production delivery and quality requirements.
APPLY NOW - TEXT "HireMe" to 57682
- Performs advanced setup operations
- Adjusts and checks out programming
- Operates CNC machine tools to perform complex series of progressive machining operations on a diverse line of work
- Check parts for conformance to specifications
- May run more than one unit simultaneously
- Understanding the cutting speeds and feeds of the machines
- Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings, for operations such as a bore, mill, drill, face, thread, and occasional profiling and contouring.
- High School Diploma
- An Associate's degree in Machine Tool preferred
- Specific evidence of supervisory training
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in related position in the machine tool industry
- Job Shop or Prototype experience
- Experience in machining for a very diverse industry base like: Mining, Aviation, Defense, Rail, Shipbuilding, Heavy Equipment, Gas & Oil and Machine Building
- Experience in machining large and complex work
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications
- Knowledge of GD&T
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: MERRILL Technologies Group, Inc. consists of nearly 700,000 square foot of manufacturing floor space that has the capability to deliver innovative manufacturing solutions to Aviation, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Energy, Robotics and Machine Tool industries. Diverse capabilities allow MERRILL to be a single source manufacturer, of complex fabrications, precision machining of components and assemblies, mission-critical aviation and defense equipment, special purpose manufacturing systems, utilizing innovative engineering comprehensive project integration.
Why Join Our Team? We put 'precision' in manufacturing. Be part of a performance you can measure. Advance your career in a company that has Trusted Quality, Price and Delivery. With competitive pay and benefits, MERRILL is a leading company to become an Employer of Choice for our team members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
HOURS: 40+ hours as needed to meet obligations and deadlines. Hourly position.
LOCATION: MI, Saginaw
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by Merrill Technologies Group.
Merrill Technologies Group uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective June 2016.
LOCATION: Wheeler Street