See all jobs in Saginaw MI
Job Location: Saginaw, MI
Do you have an engineering-focused mind? Love to drive results? Join our team as a Mechanical Engineer III at Merrill Technologies Group. As a Mechanical Engineer III you are responsible for designing, detailing, and checking systems for special equipment used for assembly, testing and material removal.
APPLY NOW - TEXT "HireMe" to 57682
- Installation support and start up at the customer's facility.
- Field service and debug will be required.
- Research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
- Troubleshoot mechanical designs, assemblies, and component problems and implement corrective measures.
- May be involved with developing changes to plans and/or methodology.
- Interpret policies and requirements in terms of established objectives.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in order to meet program objectives.
- Work with the proposal group to develop concepts for future projects.
- Provide input on time required and component pricing for quotes.
- Serve as a technical advisor to the proposal group on the feasibility of the controls aspect of the design.
- Suggest alternatives to improve concepts and processes.
- May be asked to train lower level Mechanical Engineers.
- Responsible for adhering to project budget and working within loaded hours.
- Define objectives and interpret policies and objectives established by senior management and determine their effect on data and development requirements. Independently plan, design, and carry out work.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience in the field and knowledge of machines and automation.
- Seven (7) years of experience in related field and working knowledge of solid modeling software.
- Must have a basic understanding of control and fluid power systems.
- Ability to perform structural calculations.
- Rudimentary knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of appropriate references to find answers.
- Proficiency in company software (Encompix, AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
- The ability to work with well with people and independently, problem solver, organized, good written and verbal skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience working with machines, selecting components, analyzing fit form and function preferred.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: MERRILL Technologies Group, Inc. consists of nearly 700,000 square foot of manufacturing floor space that has the capability to deliver innovative manufacturing solutions to Aviation, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Energy, Robotics and Machine Tool industries. Diverse capabilities allow MERRILL to be a single source manufacturer, of complex fabrications, precision machining of components and assemblies, mission-critical aviation and defense equipment, special purpose manufacturing systems, utilizing innovative engineering comprehensive project integration.
Why Join Our Team? We put 'precision' in manufacturing. Be part of a performance you can measure. Advance your career in a company that has Trusted Quality, Price and Delivery. With competitive pay and benefits, MERRILL is a leading company to become an Employer of Choice for our team members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
HOURS: 40+ hours as needed to meet obligations and deadlines. Hourly position.
LOCATION: MI, Saginaw
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by Merrill Technologies Group.
Merrill Technologies Group uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective June 2016.
LOCATION: Florence Street