This position will work directly with owners and engineers to build successful projects for all stakeholders by overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
This position is also responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client's documents and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule projects; monitor and maintain schedule.
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure project paperwork, correspondence and submittals are processed in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with all project team members.
- Control any number of projects at various stages of work.
- Checks a set of drawings and prepares comment for project team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within project timelines.
- Execute electronic take-offs of construction documents of earthwork quantities using software program.
- Oversee complete take-off of a project and input into software program.
- Analyze project specifications and break down into finite tasks to enable formulating a crew with the right equipment and materials for each task.
- Study the plans and specs and find the hidden fine print that will cost the job money, and find the hidden gems that, thru innovation, can make the job money.
- Review and evaluate requests for estimates.
- Prepare cost analysis and ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Review estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Review construction documents and understand scope of work to bid watching for inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Obtain pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors.
- Create an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, and government requirements.
- Promote and comply with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personnel.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in Microsoft Office, email communications, electronic bidding, budgeting and scheduling
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficient at interpreting specifications and reading blue prints
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in architecture or construction science/construction management.
- Minimum of five (5) experience in construction project management
- Minimum of two (2) years' related experience in excavation and underground utility construction projects.
- Experience with electronic scheduling software such as Microsoft project
- Experience with B2W and Agtek software
Boomerang is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.