Position Summary: The Retail Marketing Project Manager is primarily responsible for leading the development and deployment of Delta Defense's Retail Marketing initiatives that creates brand awareness, drives leads and generates sales. They will develop, drive and deliver projects with strict adherence to timelines and business obligations.
This individual will enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever changing, exciting work environment while still being able to meet important deadlines with quality output. They will be responsible for multiple projects while working across a variety of functions at Delta.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, oversees, and coordinates all aspects of rudimentary to complex, critical programs/initiatives for key projects as assigned.
- Overall responsibility for the design, management and delivery of projects; indirect supervision of support roles and responsibilities when they may not have direct reporting authority. This role will take ownership of planning and scheduling of projects and programs mindful of stakeholder's timelines and milestones.
- Coordinate with consultants and/or agencies to ensure teams are up-to-date and effective tasks are being executed and implemented as rapidly as possible.
- Creates detailed written project scopes, budget estimates, and other items as assigned for each phase of the projects.
- Has a deep understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of several business channels impacting the retail environment.
- Responsible for compliance review and adherence to all regulatory requirements as it relates to the deliverables of the projects under management.
- Proactively communicate with and seek feedback from all stakeholders.
- Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Contributes to the analysis and documentation of key metrics for projects to ensure they are assigned and tracked properly.
- Effectively communicates goals to the team and communicates with the wider organization (Sales, Training, Business Development) when required.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date job cost records, and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
- Develops and implements strategies that improve execution and provide additional value to internal and external stakeholders in a cost effective manner. Develops policies and standard operating procedures relating to the organization and specific programs.
- Willingness to enthusiastically accept many varied projects and new responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in project management, marketing or related field with excellent project management skills.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in marketing, operations or project management experience required.
- PMP, CAPM and/or comparable project management certification is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines and/or industries preferred: membership services, manufacturing, professional services and/or firearms.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to establish the processes needed to keep projects on track.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence people on all levels within an organization including Marketing, Sales, Training and the Creative team.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking skills; ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral as well as presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and a self starter, have high standards and be able to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines, and proven time management skills in deadline driven work.
- This person needs to have high attention to detail, provide meticulous records of their processes, and understand how to interpret reports, data, and results into actionable suggestions that will form the future of the company's marketing efforts.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The qualified candidate will be relied on by many people in the organization for project management. Must be willing to speak up and make sure that all possibilities are accounted for.
- Should be willing to to put in the work needed for advancing and growing as an integral member of the marketing team.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense.