See all jobs in Decatur AL
Job Location: Decatur, AL
Full-time Direct Labor
Decatur, AL, US
Requisition ID: 1039
POSITION TITLE: Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Sizemore Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Security Officers maintain the overall security of client locations by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of clients rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age for Armed and Unarmed positions.
- Have no convictions for any felony offense.
- Have no misdemeanor convictions for any crimes of moral turpitude.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds without restriction.
- Restrain an individual in those situations when an arrest must be made.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to work any shift, 24-hours per day seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply to your availability.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e. fear of heights, ect.)
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Successfully complete all initial training.
- Read and comprehend policies and procedures/rules and regulations.
- Communicate and interface effectively in a pleasant customer service tone with personnel authorized to be upon the clients location.
- Operate communication equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems, ect.
- Control vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Long periods of standing and walking can be anticipated.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations.
- Follows established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepared and presents oral and written reports.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment (hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel toed shoes, ect.)
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (i.e. Closed Circuit Television Systems; vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS: Perform other related job duties as assigned.
VALUES/BEHAVIORS: It is essential that the Security Officer support and integrate the values of the client and interact effectively with the clients employees, visitors, customers and vendors. The Security Officer is expected to demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Licensure/ Certification: Security Officer must qualify for state registration in those states where registration is required. Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state drivers license and provide Sizemore with a 3 year driving record.
Job Knowledge and Skills: Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations, such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible and complete.
Work Experience: Previous experience in Security, Military or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 50 lbs with some regularity. Work requires a high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in evaluation and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions: In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.