See all jobs in Knoxville AL
Job Location: Knoxville, AL
Part-time Direct Labor
Knoxville, AL, US
Requisition ID: 1168
POSITION TITLE: Security CCTV Officer
REPORTS TO: Sizemore Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Security CCTV Officers are responsible for operating and maintaining surveillance equipment; watching both live and recorded video surveillance footage; reporting incidents or suspicious behavior to on-duty security officers and appropriate client representatives; reporting violations of clients rules and regulations, and performing other duties as required. CCTV Officers will report to the Security Officer Supervisor and Clients Head of Security and will be expected to maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Responsible for the protection of Guests, Associates, Property, and Information utilizing video surveillance footage as its recorded.
- Directs Guests and Associates during crisis situations.
- Responsible for maintaining CCTV equipment.
- Responsible for properly cataloging and retrieving CCTV footage as necessary.
- Monitors the facility to identify safety hazards and potential safety and security issues.
- Promotes property-wide promotions to all Guests.
- Will document reports regarding security-related incidents.
- Be Observant to every detail of unusual, suspicious, or questionable behaviors/incidents.
- Provides Guest service/customer services while on duty.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Immediately report a license plate number, clothing, tattoos, or other identifying features.
- Be at least 18 years of age for Unarmed positions.
- Demonstrate proper CCTV equipment knowledge and usage.
- Be able to multitask between surveillance monitors, radios, phone systems, etc.
- Effectively communicate with Security Officers, emergency personnel, and local law enforcement; verbal and written.
- Have no convictions for any felony offense.
- Have no misdemeanor convictions for any crimes of moral turpitude.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds without restriction.
- Restrain an individual in those situations when an arrest must be made.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to work any shift, 24-hours per day seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply to your availability.
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Successfully complete all initial training.
- Read and comprehend policies and procedures/rules and regulations.
- Communicate and interface effectively in a pleasant customer service tone with personnel authorized to be upon the clients location.
- Operate communication equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems, etc.
- Control vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform walking security, fire prevention, and safety patrols. Long periods of standing and walking can be anticipated.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations.
- Follows established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire, and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepared and presents oral and written reports.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing personal protective equipment (hardhats, safety glasses, earplugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.)
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (i.e. Closed-Circuit Television Systems; metal detectors and computer systems,)
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform other related job duties as assigned.
It is essential that the CCTV Officers support and integrate the values of the client and interact effectively with the clients employees, visitors, customers, and vendors. The CCTV Officers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
High School Diploma or GED
Security Officers must qualify for state registration in those states where registration is required. State regulation is required in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state drivers license and provide Sizemore with a 3-year driving record.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
CCTV Officers must have a thorough understanding of surveillance equipment by demonstrating the ability to review, catalog, archive, and delete footage for reference at a later time if needed. Additionally, CCTV Officers must also be able to maintain and repair equipment when properly trained. CCTV Officers must watch video surveillance footage as its being recorded, requiring officers to be observant of every detail of unusual, suspicious or questionable behaviors/incidents and immediately report a license plate number, clothing, tattoos, or other identifying feature/s.
Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations, such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible, and complete.
Previous experience in Security, Military, Corrections, or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 50 lbs with some regularity. Work requires high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in the evaluation and reacting to situations under emergency and high-stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions:
In the course of performing job duties, the Security CCTV Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.
Those Security CCTV Officers assigned to Healthcare Facilities can anticipate having occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious material.