See all jobs in Middletown DE
Job Location: Middletown, DE
Full-time Direct Labor
Middletown, DE, US
Requisition ID: 1020
Job Summary: A Warehouse Technician for the Janitorial Division of Sizemore, Inc., will be responsible for maintaining a clean environment by removing/replacing nearly full gaylords with empty ones, transporting the full gaylord to a conveyor belt/bailer/compactor as directed by their Shift Supervisor and/or Site Manager.
This position is located in Middletown, DE.
Related Job Functions:
- Disposal of boxes from corrugate gaylords by placing on bailer conveyor line
- Dump all trash gaylords into trash compactor
- Sweep and maintain a clean rack area
- Clean spills in the assigned area
- Dump all wood bins
- Operate both manual and power-industrial equipment (PIT)
This list is not all inclusive. Other tasks may be assigned as required.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Must submit to and pass required testing.
- Have within the normal range of hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to work the dayshift or Night shift, 3 days during the week and 1 weekend day, (hours may vary) as well as extra hours that could be required from time to time.
- Must be able to read and comprehend policies and procedures / rules and regulations written or spoken in English.
The work is performed in various environments. Service provided might be in one building or spread over several buildings; with a wide variety of personnel with different functions, personalities and abilities.
The work requires routine walking, Standing, bending, and carrying items weighing 50 pounds or less. You also must be able to use a backpack vacuum for up to several hours at a time.
The following figures convey the relevant and relative physical abilities an applicant or employee must possess in order to fulfill the job functions and duties:
Values and Behaviors:
It is essential that you support and integrate the values of Sizemore and interact effectively with co-workers, customers and vendors throughout the site. It is expected that you demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and personal demeanor at all times.
High School diploma or GED required; College or Vocational School degree is preferred.
6 months or more related experience. (Preferred).
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.