See all jobs in Augusta GA
Job Location: Augusta, GA
Part-time Direct Labor
Augusta, GA, US
Requisition ID: 1162
In need of - CROSSING GUARDS- In Augusta, Georgia
Day shift- Between 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age for Crossing Guard positions.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant customer service tone with any personnel at the Clients location.
- Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
- Have dependable transportation
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in different weather inclement
- Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors.
- Must be available to work Mon-Fri. 6 am-6 pm.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
- Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Work in harmony with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems and public address systems.
- Performs walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Capable of long periods of standing and walking.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations
- Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports
- Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
Job Functions / Requirements related to Security Officer:
1. Direct traffic in a professional manor.
2. Be attentive to the vehicles and People in motion.
3. Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized
(i.e. Closed Circuit Television Systems; vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
4. MUST BE ABLE TO STAND FOR TOTAL OF 6 HOURS, 3 HOURS IN THE MORNING FROM 6AM-9AM AND 3 HOURS IN THE EVENING FROM 3PM-6PM
5. MUST BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND ANY TYPE OF WHEATHER CONDITIONS, any type of extreme weather you will not have to withstand
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related job duties as assigned.
It is essential that the Security Officer/Crossing Guard support and integrate the values of the Client and Sizemore, in order to interact effectively with the clients employees, visitors, customers and vendors. The Security Officer must demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
High school diploma or GED.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the ability to function under pressure and direct traffic accordingly. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible, and complete.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.