See all jobs in Rincon GA
Job Location: Rincon, GA
Full-time Direct Labor
Rincon, GA, US
Requisition ID: 1270
Security Officers maintain overall security of clients facility by enforcing access control;
observing, correcting and reporting violations of clients rules and
regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency
situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as
1. Be at least 21 years of age for armed and unarmed positions
2. Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
3. Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant customer service tone with any
personnel at the client location.
4. Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
5. Must have dependable transportation
6. Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
7. Be physically capable of restraining an individual in a situation requiring physical restraint.
8. Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors
9. Be able to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work
any shift indicate what restrictions apply.
10. Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
11. Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled
12. Work in harmony with others
13. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions
14. Operate communications equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios,
paging systems, and public address systems
15. Perform walking security, fire prevention, and safety patrols. Must be able to withstand long periods of standing or walking.
16. Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations
17. Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law
enforcement, fire, and medical support agencies when needed.
18. Prepare and present oral and written reports
19. Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to,
wearing of personal protective equipment.
Functions/ Requirements related to Security Officer:
1. Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures
2. Respond to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures
3. Operate specialized equipment when trained and authorized (Closed Circuit Television
Systems, vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
Previous experience in Security, Military, or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to
lift/carry 50 lbs. with some regularity. Work requires high attention and
mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information
with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in
evaluating and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress
situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent
individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
and Environmental Conditions
In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they
will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.