See all jobs in Springfield GA
Job Location: Springfield, GA
Full-time Direct Labor
Springfield, GA, US
Requisition ID: 1273
Security Officers maintain overall security of clients facility by enforcing access control;
observing, correcting and reporting violations of clients rules and
regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency
situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as
Description of Duties:
- Conduct foot (inside and outside) patrol
- Conducts Vehicle patrol of clients property
- Perform escort / courier of personnel
- Perform escort of law enforcement personnel as required
- Deliver subpoenas in conjunction with law enforcement
- Conduct physical checks when directed and investigate unsecured doors, gates, vehicles and buildings
- Open doors, gates, and vehicles for authorized personnel
- Monitor/operate Closed Circuit Television (CCTVs), two-way radios, telephones, fire enunciator system, call boxes, and equipment alarms
- Operate golf car
- Maintain assigned equipment
- Complete administrative and security incident reports
- Maintain daily event logs
- Enforce parking and traffic policies
- Investigate traffic accidents
- Assist motorists with getting assistance for vehicle problems
- Investigate non-vehicular accidents (falls, slipping, tripping, etc.)
- Respond to and investigate silent and audible alarms
- Protect crime scenes until arrival of law enforcement
- Performs patient watch duties for 1013 or 2013 patients
- Perform preliminary investigation of criminal activity
- Confront persons suspected of criminal activity and notify law enforcement
- Assist staff in restraining confrontational patients
- Respond to and monitor confrontational situations
- Respond to Emergency Codes
- Assist law enforcement
- Have dependable transportation and be able to be contacted directly by phone.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds without restriction.
- Must submit to, and pass, designated physical exams as required by the healthcare facility. These include TB Tine Test and others
- Must attend Blood-borne Pathogen training.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight. Must possess full color vision.
- Be able to work any shift, 24-hours per day, seven days per week.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties (i.e. fear of heights, deceased persons, etc.)
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills.
- Successfully complete all initial training, site-specific training and in-service training. Including but not limited to: OC, Handcuffing, Defensive Tactics, Environment of Care, and Verbal Judo.
- Read and comprehend policies and procedures / rules and regulations written or spoken in English.
- Communicate utilizing the English language and interface effectively in a pleasant customer service tone with personnel authorized to be upon the clients location.
- Possess patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm; as well as diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with any person in the work environment no matter the circumstances.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems.
- Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Long periods of standing and walking can be anticipated.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations.
- Follows established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepares and presents oral and written reports.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment (gowns, safety glasses, gloves, etc.).
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (i.e. Closed-Circuit Television Systems; computer systems, etc.).
- Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state drivers license and provide Sizemore with a 7-year driving record.
- Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so that instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible and complete.
- May encounter blood-borne pathogens
- May encounter infectious and contagious disease
- May encounter threatening situations
- May encounter flammable explosive gases
- Works inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Works around moderate noise
- Extensive walking and standing required
- May be required to work overtime
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.