See all jobs in Urbandale IA
Job Location: Urbandale, IA
Req No. 2021-7406
Category Business/Client Support
We are seeking a talented Chargeback Analyst to be responsible for processing cardholder related dispute claims for members of CO-OP Financial Services credit unions. Primary duties include processing Chargebacks, researching and resolving cardholder claims of fraud and/or error while mitigating loss and maintaining a high level of productivity and accuracy.
Position serves as an in-house resource on debit and credit card operating rules and regulations with relation to Chargeback, Arbitration, Compliance and other dispute resolution methods for Visa and MasterCard. Serves as primary contact and provides advisory support to credit union clients while maintaining the highest level of quality customer care.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this person to work in the physical office.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Analyze and understand Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations related to debit and credit card transaction disputes. Interpret changes to dispute resolution rules as mandated by card associations.
- Assess cardholder dispute information and documentation received and makes independent decisions for appropriate action to be taken within regulatory and procedural guidelines.
- Service inbound/outbound cardholder calls related to dispute claims received for processing.
- Generate cardholder correspondence in accordance with regulatory and network guidelines.
- Process Visa and MasterCard Chargebacks and Representments accurately and efficiently.
- Create timely and accurate notifications of case processing actions to credit union clients.
- Manage dispute claims through entire dispute cycle; from the initial client/cardholder notification until final resolution. Maintain accurate and properly documented dispute files while ensuring required timeframes are being met.
- Under the guidance of a Dispute Resolution Analyst II, process Arbitration and Compliance cases sent to Visa and MasterCard.
- Manage assigned credit union client relationship, keeping them apprised of claim status and provide dispute resolution recommendations within Visa and MasterCard regulations. Be able to effectively convey outcomes while providing the utmost in customer care.
- Provide support to credit union clients with in-house Chargeback processing programs on use of system tools and interfaces.
- Enter fraud transaction data in dispute case management system for Plastic Card Claims Automation program with CUNA Mutual.
- Must react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Regular attendance and punctuality as a full time employee in order to daily exercise all of the essential functions.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication, keyboarding and problem solving skills needed with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written and oral form and solve problems independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Competence required in Microsoft Windows Word and Excel, has a good understanding of Windows and Windows based software.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.