It's an exciting time to be a part of SunSource, and we are a growing company seeking a highly talented and passionate IT Business Analyst in support of Price Engineering's business operations and will office in our Hartland, Wisconsin office. This position will work closely with business and technology leaders as both an analyst and business liaison to understand business objectives, identify project opportunities, gather project requirements, and lead project execution and implementation efforts that create enterprise value, optimize our cost structure, ensure process efficiency, optimize user productivity and reduce our risk.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will analyze business processes to enhance the ERP solutions for all business units and branch operations. You will oversee identifying, documenting, and analyzing the user's business/functional requirements and business processes to identify and recommend appropriate solution options. Such options might include ERP system configuration and/or customization. Business solutions may involve the implementation or development of third-party and home-grown applications. This role will work with the development team to implement these solutions and act as a liaison between IT & the end-user/client group. Effective and timely communications are essential. Additionally, when implementation occurs, this role is responsible for process development, ensuring appropriate testing and hands-on user training to new user groups prior to go-live.
The successful candidate must be a good communicator, able to forge alliances with business leaders, juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines. As a member of the IT Team, the role contributes to the business applications team and may support efforts across SunSource strategic business units (SBUs) and will report into the UDG CIO.
- Develops and produces high quality requirement specifications and develop functional designs.
- Work with end users and members of the IT team to validate requirements
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff
- Write and execute thorough functional test plans to ensure that system changes are working properly, existing processes remain unaffected and the needs of the users are met.
- Support operational reporting requirements for the business using Excel, WebQuery, and/or SQL or similar tools.
- Demonstrates an understanding of ERP system tools and how to resolve technical issues with those tools.
- Trains internal users, support personnel, conversion teams and/or external customers on ERP system implementations, changes and/or new procedures.
- Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to ERP system and application challenges.
- Serves as administrator of customer relationship management (CRM) application Tour de Force.
- Assists in identifying external and internal customer problems and needs.
- Effectively handles demanding or upset customers.
- Serves as a functional resource for others. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Accountability: Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one's job with the broader goals in mind.
Collaborative Leadership: Promotes and generates cooperation among one's peers in leadership to achieve a collective outcome; fosters the development of a common vision and fully participates in creating a unified leadership team that results.
Planning and Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity. Self-starter with excellent organization, administrative, interpersonal skills and project management
Organizational Understanding: Understands the agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization. Ability to interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of IT and business stakeholders
Training: Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their skill development by providing clear instruction/guidance based on best practices and in line with organizational standards in a manner that builds user competencies.
Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly both up and down the organization, inside the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions. Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among business and technical constituents
- High School Diploma or GED is required, Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly preferred
- 3+ years' experience in a Business Analyst role, with focus on ERP system implementations and customizations strongly recommended
- 3+ years' experience in an industrial distribution or manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Experience with P21 (highly desired), SAP, Oracle, Infor or JDE
- Experience in developing detailed business requirements/needs analysis/gap analysis
- Experience with application development methodologies Agile and/or Waterfall preferred
- Strong Excel and/or MS SQL Query capabilities
- Proven success in ERP implementations, upgrades, maintenance and/or support
- Knowledge of business process flows in an ERP system is required
- Knowledge of ERP system configuration and security is preferred
- After hours availability and travel are occasionally required
Note: This position is on-site and does not offer remote work arrangements
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY