Price Engineering, a SunSource company, is an engineering and distribution company that serves Mobile and Industrial markets who need fluid power products and value added services. Price's design assistance expertise guides our customers from product selection to fully engineered hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and automation systems and solutions.
This position entails four main areas of involvement, Hydraulic Design, Systems Integration,Assembly/Testing and Product Support.
- Hydraulic circuit design with standard symbols library using CAD software or specialized software.
- Hydraulic circuit designs include open circuit with multi-station valve manifolds as well as closed circuit applications.
- Sizing and selection of pumps, motors, cylinders, valves.
- Perform basic mechanical and hydraulic design calculations related to pressure, flow, speed, torque, geometry, etc.
- Integration of hydraulic and electrical control systems, working alongside electrical designers.
- 2-D & 3-D CAD Software for layout drawings and fabricated parts details.
- Operating data managing software.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials.
- Work with manufacturing, test technicians to insure system meets customer requirements. Solve design problems.
- Coordinate the required documentation and ensure that the changes are implemented on a timely basis.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide field support of necessary.
- Work with account managers to gather requirements and statement of work for quoting opportunities.
- Estimate costing for hydraulic systems and write a brief summary of the hydraulic system and statement of work.
- Support the Lubrication Strategic Business Unit (SBU) on design and documentation of lubrication systems.
Skill and Knowledge
- Hydraulic symbols for creating hydraulic schematics
- Fundamentals of hydraulic systems including calculations related to pressure flow, speed, torque, horsepower
- 2D and 3D CAD layout drawings for machinery
- Communication skills while working with sales and other project engineers
- Hands-on hydraulic systems start-up and troubleshooting
- Experience with lubrication systems including grease and oil is a plus.
General Education and Experience:
- Education 2-Year Degree
- Experience 1-3 years of experience in fluid power
- Physical Demands Occasional Field Supervision
- Computer Skills 2D CAD, 3D CAD (Autocad, Inventor preferred), Excel,
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video
WE ARE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
****Visit our website www.sun-source.com****
Other keywords: industrial sales, technical sales, field sales engineer, fluid power specialist, hydraulics, pneumatics, automatics, filtration, lubrication, fluid power, service and repair, mobile, mobile hydraulics, mobile OEM, electro hydraulics, hydraulic systems, electronic control systems, gear drive systems, mobile equipment, hydraulic repair, filtration systems, filtration solutions, hydraulic filters, MRO, OEM, account manager, sales manager, new business development manager, territory sales manager, regional account manager, field service engineer, sales representative, outside sales representative, industrial distribution, fluid mechanics, hydraulic technician, diesel mechanic, applications engineer, field service technician, CFPS, FPS