Washington Gastroenterology believes that digestive health is the foundation for a healthy life. We are committed to improving the quality of life and longevity of our patients and our communities through the prevention, detection, and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.
We are WAGI
Washington Gastroenterology is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to join our Waldron Endoscopy Center in Tacoma.
The Gastroenterology Registered Nurse assumes responsibility for the care of patients receiving specialized care in the endoscopy setting. The Registered Nurse functions within the scope of practice as defined by the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Washington, SGNA Standards of Practice and the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
- Assesses and evaluates the biophysical, psychological, and social aspects affecting care
- Organizes and implements a plan of care based on the assessment for each patient
- Evaluates plan of care and makes changes as necessary
- Identifies pertinent patient history during admission process
- Assesses patients needs continually from admission to discharge.
- Initiates the care of each patient and relates needed information to MD and staff
- Serves as a patient advocate to assure safe, efficient procedures and quality care
- Evaluates patient responses; provides care as indicated
- Verifies completed charts and records to meet quality improvement goals
- Coordinates all discharge instructions for improved patient and family compliance.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Offers and implements suggestions to provide improved patient care
- Maintains a current knowledge of medications, especially as related to GI Participates in in-services and continuing education opportunities
- Demonstrates knowledge of GI skills for all areas of the unit including admission, conscious sedation, procedure assisting, recovery, discharge, and patient education
- Demonstrates consistent IV therapy skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of preparation, administration, contraindications and side effects of all medications used during procedures and emergencies
- Documents all pertinent information accurately, completely and legibly in a timely manner
- Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of infection prevention/safety.
- Demonstrates ability to retrieve and label specimens, and document correctly on appropriate records. Completes all department forms and records as indicated.
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate and direct life support measures and perform effectively in Code situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to clean and properly care for all equipment.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington
- Previous clinical or gastroenterology experience preferred
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to actively collaborate and build a strong team within the Center and with the rest of WAGI
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Occasional travel may be required to other local locations on an as-needed basis to back-fill for vacations, etc.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the day, up to 10 hours per day
- Prolonged periods of sitting and performing administrative duties including the use of computers
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, and reach
- Able to lift and carry supplies and equipment as needed (up to 15 pounds)
Washington Gastroenterology has an excellent benefit package that includes the following:
- Closed for major holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription
- Life Insurance coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement program with profit sharing
- Paid Time Off 4 weeks in your first year
- Monday Friday Schedule with no evenings