See all jobs in Preston MD
Job Location: Preston, MD
Job ID: 2021-OPS-OHFT-HQ-MAR29
When you join Choptank Transport as a Customer Service Representative, you will become part of a team that keeps our country moving in all kinds of circumstances. Our nation's transportation needs vary from day to day based on seasonal demands, economic changes, and even the weather. You'll work with our daytime Operations teams to ensure our customers' freight is monitored during transit, shipments are on time and arrive without issue, and ensure that our drivers and carriers are receiving the highest level of customer service. You'll be communicating with drivers, customers, shippers, and receivers to solve issues as they pop up, think critically to problem solve, and follow up on freight moving throughout the country during the night and weekend hours
Choptank Transport is a third-party logistics brokerage, meaning that we are the connection between products that our customers ship and drivers who can transport them. We ship almost ANYTHING that will fit on a tractor trailer, all over the USA and Canada. Logistics is a $900 BILLION industry that continues to grow. Come grow with us!
Our office is located at 3601 Choptank Rd., Preston, MD 21655
The hours for this position are:
- Wednesdays: 5:30 PM - 1:30 AM
- Thursdays: 5:30 PM - 1:30 AM
- Fridays: 5:30 PM - 1:30 AM
- Saturdays: 12 PM - 6 PM
- Sundays: 8 AM - 6 PM
- Our After Hours Customer Service Representatives are essential employees! Freight never stops moving and we move billions of products nationwide, primarily food and beverage products.
- Competitive base salary with paid training-If you are new to the industry or customer service, that is okay. Our most successful people were when they started too, and that is why we designed our customer service training program. It is so good that we are the proud winner of Workforce's Optimas Award
- Advancement potential: Hard work and results are rewarded. 95% of our management team has been promoted from within.
- Casual dress code and work hard, play hard environment - Voted 2018, 2019, & 2020 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation and 2018, 2019, & 2020 Winner of 50 Best Companies to Sell For
- Mentorship from experienced leaders and enrollment in Choptank's Leadership Development Series mean career growth for you
- Company-sponsored volunteer events, team-building events, and wellness programs to take care of you.
- Robust benefits package: two health insurance plans options to choose from, dental, vision, pet insurance, paid time off, 401K with match and more
What would my day look like?
- Communicate with drivers/carriers from pick up to delivery
- Provide outstanding customer service to your customers, carriers, and teammates
- Build relationships with your drivers/carriers
- Work quickly to resolve problems that may develop on a shipment
- Lots of phone time and multitasking!
Apply with Choptank if YOU:
- Embrace our core values: COMMIT, ADAPT, SUCCEED, GROW
- Thrive in a high demand environment with goals (hitting those goals = $$ BONUSES)
- Want to be the BEST at providing top notch customer service
- Have a hunger to continue learning daily. We believe education comes in all forms: high school diploma/GED, Associate's, or Bachelor's degree
- Want a meaningful career and not just a job
Choptank Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Choptank Transport is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believes that diverse teams build stronger companies. YOU, as an individual, matter!
If you need assistance completing your application, please email THIS EMAIL .