Do you want to work for a smart, global company thats as committed to its employees as it is to manufacturing processes? At Cartamundi, the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games, youll find a highly committed, collaborative culture that feels like family. We bring passion into every game we manufacture for kids of all ages throughout the world. Our secret to success is a highly skilled, motivated workforce that believes in our company purpose: Sharing the Magic of Playing Together!
Bring your experience working in Injection Molding to our team!
What You'll Do as an Injection Molding Senior Technician:
- Maintain and control process conditions on a group of molding machines, robots and related processes to ensure quality and quantity production standards are met.
- Follow documented work instructions, monitor materials, molds, equipment, cycle times, and part quality.
- Resolve issues related to tooling alignment, part handling, runner containment, part placement, process, etc., through proper adjustment of program coordinates, speeds, timers, sensors, and tooling hardware.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines and molds to ensure equipment and tooling are in proper working order.
- Support the molding team in other departmental work as required to maintain the production output in accordance with the production schedule.
- We believe in job progression and skill advancement. Training will be provided, which includes job rotation to ensure knowledge of processes is maintained throughout the area and across various levels of work.
We're Looking for Someone Who Has:
- 10+ years of Injection Molding experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably with In-Mold-Labeling and high volume/high speed production.
- Experience following work instructions, process documentation and procedures to ensure safe operating of all equipment while producing high quality work.
- The ability to troubleshoot the current molding process using scientific molding principles and resolve issues related to production quality (such as flash, shorts, splay, burns, voids, etc.).
- The ability to lead injection molding team members in best practices/processes.
- The ability to create a new process using scientific molding principles to optimize cycle time and overall part quality.
- The ability to troubleshoot the robot program to ensure proper adjustment of positions, speeds and timers to optimize cycle.
- The ability to troubleshoot auxiliary equipment such as blenders, mold and water temperature controllers, hot stampers, welders, baggers, stakers, and specialty automation equipment.
- A team-driven attitude to work together and support department initiatives such as 5S and Total Productive Maintenance Systems (TPM).
- The ability to complete production paperwork, which includes inventory accuracy.
Physical Requirements Include the Ability to:
- Stand or sit for an 8-hour shift
- Repetitively grasp, pinch, push and pull with arms hands, occasionally simultaneously, with and without mechanical assisted devices.
- Frequently transfer objects and materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Reach above shoulder height to work, bending and stooping occasionally to work at different heights.
- Safely mount, dismount and operate mobile equipment.
- Move from one area to another in the department around equipment, climb stairs, platforms and ladders.
We offer competitive pay, shift differential, excellent health benefits, 401(K) matching program and profit sharing. Apply today and discover the magic of making a difference at Cartamundi!
Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities.
This position is a member of Local 224 RWDSU.
Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi, East Longmeadow LLC. No sponsorship available. No agencies please.