AMFM Healthcare is looking for a Primary Mental Health Therapist for immediate hire. AMFM is a residential mental health provider serving those who are seeking treatment to learn coping skills for severe mental illness. We pride ourselves on the combination of medication management, 24 hour supervision, individual therapy, family therapy, a min of 6 hours of group therapy a day and case management services. We are looking for an individual with experience serving those diagnosed with a severe mental illness and who are passionate for providing hope.
Reports To: Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Carries individual case load for clients with primary Mental Health and /or co-occurring disorders in an all male facility. MUST have experience dealing with acute clients that are often in psychosis, have mood disorders, and in some cases have severe SI.
This therapist also will run group sessions following evidenced based practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Carries individual caseload which includes:
- weekly individual sessions, weekly measured based care assessments, BPSA w/in 7 days from admit, MTP w/in 7 days from admit, ongoing documentation of clinical services
- Assess clients for suicidal risk and communicate directly with Clinical Director
- Assesses clients for trauma, abuse and exploitation
- Adheres to any and all joint commission standards
- Consults with Psychiatrist or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Conducts peer counseling groups and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- May co-facilitate Saturday Family Group.
- Facilitate psycho-educational, topic, and process groups.
- Attend Weekly Clinical Staffing Meeting.
- Complete Charting and Documentation in accordance with documentation policies and procedures within 24 hours of completion of clinical session.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters Level Required;
Must have active registration with Board of Behavioral Sciences
Licensed clinicians preferred
Past experience with substance abuse or mental health required
Hands-on experience in Groups (process, psycho educational, and topic), Family Therapy, Individual Therapy (wide range of modalities accepted), and working with clients with addiction issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MFT / MSW License or PsyD, PhD licensed
- AMFT/ ACSW through Board of Behavioral Sciences with over 1500 hours already accumulated
- Current adult CPR certification
- Current adult First-Aid certification
- TB Test current test or results obtained less than 6 months prior to hire
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year