EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Nurse leader for the Manager Clinical Resources position.
Job Summary: The Clinical Resource Nurse Manager assumes 24 hour accountability and responsibility for the staffing office, float pools, patient overflow areas and safe patient handling team. This nurse leader is responsible for overall quality of service and for planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and directing the staffing office, float pool staff, and equipment management. The Clinical Resources Manager plans, organizes and coordinates equipment that is utilized across nursing. This nurse leader participates in special projects as directed by the CNO.
- Oversees the Staffing Office and Float Pool to ensure the needs of the organization and regulatory agency standards are met.
- Develops and implements processes to manage human resource, materials, and finances within the established budget.
- Facilitates patient care including organization and management within established policies, procedures, standards of care, budgetary parameters and strategic objectives.
- Completes follow up on evaluations, SafeLinQ, patient complaints & grievances in a timely manner.
- Develops equipment management system for nursing.
- Coordinates lean processes in conjunction with Supply Management and Op Ex for cost effective management of equipment.
- Point person for opening and closing overflow units as needed.
- Assesses and evaluates departmental staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel in relation to the department tasks required. Works collaboratively with unit manager on changes.
- Analyzes pay codes for appropriate and effective use.
- Special projects as directed by the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- 3 years of experience in a clinical nursing setting
- 5 years of experience in a management or leadership role in an inpatient care setting
- Oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate and ensure and deliver safe practice
- Knowledge of computer systems; continuous quality improvement, and leadership process knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clinical/education knowledge to staff, patients, and families
- Knowledgeable of the care required by respective age groups for which care is being provided
- An understanding of financial management and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective care
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Joint Commission regulations and requirements
DESIRED for the position:
- Masters degree in Nursing
- Experience with patient flow
- Experience with Cerner documentation system