See all jobs in Glen Burnie MD
Job Location: Glen Burnie, MD
RES is the nation's largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
RES is currently seeking a Mechanic (Equipment Field Technician) to assist with repairs and maintenance on consctruction equipment and vehicles for our offices at Glen Burnie, MD.
Day-to-day duties include, but are not limited to:
- Repair to- excavators, multi-terrain skid loaders, UTV's, dri-prime trash pumps, rubber tire loaders, off road dump trucks, track trucks, Class 1-8 on road trucks and trailers
- Diagnosis and/or repair or replacement of the following systems or components:
- Engines, Transmissions, Differentials, Powertrains
- Air conditioning / heating systems and components
- Exhaust and aftertreatment systems and components
- Cooling systems and components
- Air and hydraulic brake systems and components
- Starting and charging systems and components
- Fuel injection systems and components
- Steering / suspension system and components
- Hydraulic systems and components
- Undercarriage systems and components
- Buckets and or attachments etc
Technician will be expected to use one or more of the following to perform diagnostics:
- Scan tools and software
- Air/electric driven or hand tools
- Various pressure gauges, and diagnostic testing equipment as needed
- Laptop/iPads will be used to access technical data for purpose of diagnosis and repair as well as the completion of Repair Orders.
This position will require work in various weather conditions.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in diagnosing and repairing construction equipment and trucks.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds
- Must have your own tools
- Welding experience
- Certifications related to various equipment/truck repairs
- CDL License
- Basic computer knowledge
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.