See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
RES is the nation's largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
The regional project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating job cost variances, accurate coding expenses to job cost task and sub-tasks, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Process project set up in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders for the accounting files
- Initiate the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Administers and assists with supplier invoice coding related to a project
- Review and investigates certain overhead/operating expense charges to be or applied to a project
- Prepare and review monthly regional reporting of Capitalized Projects, Mitigation Assets and Liabilities, Billing Summary of Customer Billings and Collections, and Unbilled Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and review with management monthly project accounting checklist
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to finance and accounting management
- Confer with project management regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on ad hoc project profitability requests to management
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects. For example, if a project is limited by task on total billable amount, project accounting would report on the job to date billings by task to project management.
- Prepare and/or post all approved project-related billings to customers
- Administers invoice submission to customers as directed by project management
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers
- Monitors any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Create and submit government reports related to projects
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- 3+ years project accounting experience
- Proficient in PC/Payroll for Windows
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Knowledge of Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Word. Should be comfortable with computer applications in general
- Knowledge of project contracts and change order documents
- 10-key by touch
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with capability to meet rapid, frequent deadlines
- Passion for change and continuous improvement in financial processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality a must
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Travel - up to 15%.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.