The Sales Operations Director is responsible for the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the sales organization and is a member of the sales leadership team. This role directs the firm's support team and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota management, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, and sales compensation design and administration. Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer and partnering with the Sales Directors and Managers, the SOD fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization's efficient operation and success. The SOD may manage one or more Supervisors or Managers in Sales Operations.
- Create strategy and tactics for sales operations with innovative, scalable systems and support processes, including designing, implementing, and managing sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Monitors all sales activities from the four sales teams (Outside Sales, Affiliate Sales, Inbound Phone Sales, and Outbound Phone Sales) to identify problems, create solutions, and produce accurate reporting as well as ensuring sales reports and other internal intelligence are provided to the sales organization.
- Works closely with Marketing to implement promotional events to increase sales volume.
- Provides oversight of sales incentive programs for our official partners.
- Responsible for territory database management, sales reporting and measurement.
- Oversees the management of the Official Partner Program, which is our network of retail and training partners, and includes all activities related to deepening our relationships with our Official Partners.
- Acts a liaison between all company departments and the sales team and owns all Communications to the Sales Teams from all areas of Delta Defense, LLC.
- Oversee the Workforce management for inbound phone sales.
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity.
- Works closely with Finance and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people across various levels and functions
- Computer literate and proficient with in software and internet functions, including spreadsheets and presentations
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense LLC
- Travel up to 20% may be required
Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides self-defense education, training, and legal protection to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
- Inc. 5000 company NINE years in a row!
- Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 5 years in a row
- Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace - 5 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow! We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!