Associate Data Analyst
US-CA-Santa Fe Springs
Job ID: 2021-1992
Type: Regular Full-Time
Data / Accounting Analyst
Interact with all levels of the organization to develop actionable analytics in an environment with a 4.4 Glassdoor rating
Ellison Technologies is a 300+ person provider of advanced machining solutions to North American metal-cutting manufacturers and their global affiliates. As a family of companies we are committed to the survival and growth of the American manufacturing industry. Independent offices provide us a local market focus and the flexibility to advocate the needs of each of our valued customers.
Our priority is to introduce technologies that strengthen our customers ability to compete in the markets they serve. Whether the solution involves a stand alone machine, multi-process equipment, or an integrated manufacturing system with robotic automation, our goal remains the same; to optimize throughput and quality at the lowest per-part manufacturing cost.
The Ellison Way principles continue to drive our company forward. The Ellison Way principle of Adaptation will ensure that Ellison will evolve to further grow market share, strengthen our relationships with our key partners Doosan and our customers. The major focus moving forward must be on the development of Ellisons most valuable resource its people." - Graham Hooper (CEO)
More information please visit us at https://www.ellisontechnologies.com/about-us, or at our Glassdoor page.
All though not all inclusive, we expect the following daily and weekly activities to take place.
- Reporting to the VP of Accounting and Finance this role will interact with all levels of the organization from Marketing, to regional presidents and sales leaders to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business needs.
- Collect and analyze data from myriad sources (UCC filings, USMTO, marketing, accounting, order and revenue centers, etc.) to develop actionable insights for members of the leadership team
- Develop and maintain dynamic financial forecasts utilizing business models
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting request from all levels of management Create visually impactful data, with tools such as Tableau, to explain statistical results of analysis.
- Coordinates and assists in the development of Excel-based Macros used for all the firms statistical analyses
- Track and analyze business cost/expenses on a monthly/weekly basis
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal clients.
- Generate KPI reports indicating areas for business improvement
What do we expect the right candidate will possess?
- At least 6 months of experience (this could include internship programs) collecting and analyze data from myriad sources to develop actionable insights for members of the leadership team
- Proficient in Tableau is a requirement
- A bachelors degree (note that this is not a data base administrator or IT position)
- Strong Excel acumen including the development of Excel-based macros
- An ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- (local candidates only please)
"Ellison Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. ***