US-CA-Santa Fe Springs
Job ID: 2021-1991
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Growth, Learning and Multi-Tasking!
(please note that this is a temp to possible hire role)
Our Administrative Assistant role (internally we refer to this position as a "Customer Advocate") places you in a position to make a significant impact on our customers satisfaction, as well the overall success of our California operations, as you support our Customer Support Manager.
You will accomplish this by using your organizational and outstanding attention to detail skills to process large volumes of incoming documentation. What's more, you will keep up-to-date with the activities of our sales and service departments, with the aim of keeping them and our clients informed of the work being done, as well as help coordinate the activities of both groups.
A primary requirement for this position is strong computer skills and being a resourceful person. An ideal candidate will have a general can-do attitude, posses strong knowledge of Excel and the ability to figure out whatever he/she doesn't already know. Knowledge of SalesForce, some accounting (creating P.O's, AR and/or AP) and experience scheduling techs or sales people are a huge benefits as well. What's more, data entry experience is critical to the success of this role.
In sum, you will need to be able to juggle many competing priorities while maintaining that positive, outgoing attitude that makes you, you! For the right person, this will be energizing and exciting and not stressful and cumbersome.
Although not all inclusive, the following is a list of activities that one could expect to engage in:
- Process in coming sales orders, from start to finish
- Complete and close work orders and cases for service in SalesForce
- Interface with internal and external sales, engineering and operations staff
- Handle shipping and receiving administration/documentation
- Review service reports to prepare for billing
- Support the sales team's needs including customer visits, open houses, etc.
- Answer phones
- Process service calls in SalesForce as well as times sheets
- Resolve customer complaints and turn them into winning situations
- Of course, daily attendance is critical, as is punctuality; our customers expect no-less
When we look at what we might expect the right candidate to possess in terms of experience and skills, the following is good representation:
- Must be proficient in using computers and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows Internet Explorer
- Data entry and documentation processing expedience of complex business operations is a must
- A strong level of detail orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Administrative support experience
- Salesforce.com experience is a big plus as is accounting experience (including creating P.O., AP and/or AR)
The Ellison Way principles continue to drive our company forward. The Ellison Way principle of Adaptation will ensure that Ellison will evolve to further grow market share, strengthen our relationships with our key partners and our customers. The major focus moving forward must be on the development of Ellisons most valuable resource its people."
Graham Hooper (CEO)
"Ellison Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*** #ZR *PM18