Washington Gastroenterology believes that digestive health is the foundation for a healthy life. We are committed to improving the quality of life and longevity of our patients and our communities through the prevention, detection, and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.
We are WAGI
WAGI is seeking a Full-time Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist to join our team.
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist delivers anesthesia care in our state-of-the-art Endoscopy Centers. Throughout the patients procedure visit, the CRNA is actively involved in all aspects of care, from pre-procedure assessments and anesthesia planning, to administering and monitoring procedural anesthesia/sedation, and overseeing patient anesthesia recovery while caring for the patients immediate post-operative needs.
- Performs a pre-anesthetic assessment, reviews pertinent medical history, identifies any anesthesia related concerns, and assigns an appropriate ASA Physical Status classification.
- Synthesizes an anesthetic plan tailored to the patients ASA status and planned procedure.
- Communicates the planned anesthesia care to the patient and answers any questions or concerns.
- May place peripheral IV access, manage IV fluids as needed or directed.
- Utilizes and interprets data from standard monitoring methods to include EKG, BP, SPO2, and ETCO2.
- Continuously monitors the patients status throughout the sedation and adjusts levels of sedation as appropriate.
- Records and maintains accurate anesthesia documentation in the EMR anesthesia chart.
- Transports patients to the recovery area and provides a report of care to the registered nurse.
- Manages patient emergencies including airway issues, emergency drug and fluid administration management, and any life support measures as required.
- Proficient in administration and management of monitored anesthesia care (MAC), deep sedation, and general anesthesia.
- Proficient in airway management, especially in MAC/deep sedation settings.
- Adheres to AANA recommended Safe Injection Practices.
- Maintains required certifications, licensure, and CME activities.
- Able to work independently without physician supervision.
- Uses strong communication and interpersonal skills to contribute to the success of the patient care team.
Education and Licensure Requirements
- CRNAs must hold unencumbered RN and APRN licensure in Washington State.
- Graduated from a recognized AANA Council on Accreditation Nurse Anesthesia program.
- Successful completion of AANA Initial Certification Examination.
- Be in good standing with the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) and meet all requirements for CPCC Recertification Program.
- Current CPR/BLS, and ACLS Certifications.
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Ability to maneuver stretchers, patients, and wheelchairs (up to 200 lbs).
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment as required (up to 25 lbs).
- Range of motion with extremities, manual dexterity to perform airway interventions, visual acuity to read fine print, medication labels, and computer keyboards.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout a 10-hour workday.
- Ability to use a computer for electronic medical record charting.
- CRNA staff are hired into our group, understanding that we cover anesthesia staffing at all 5 facilities within our geographical location. While CRNAs primarily work at one or two Centers, travel to the other Centers may be required as need to support clinical operations.
Washington Gastroenterology has an excellent benefit package that includes the following:
- Closed for major holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription
- Life Insurance coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement program with profit sharing
- Paid Time Off 4 weeks in your first year
- Monday Friday Schedule with no evenings