See all jobs in Ashland VA
Job Location: Ashland, VA
Region: North America
Division: Manufacturing and Warehouse
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Quality Leader in our Richmond, VA facility. In this position, you would be a key part of the plant leadership team. A successful Quality Leader will have a customer focused attitude, drive continuous improvement projects, be a self starter, and be able to build a culture of quality.
- Creating and reinforcing the culture of quality in the facility required to meet and achieve Lutron's world-class quality objectives
- Leading the plant quality organization in both tackling the day-to-day issues (containment, corrective actions, and systemic improvements for quality issues using 8Ds) as well as timely completion of strategic improvement efforts through direct and indirect influence of resources to help the factory achieve its goals for quality metrics.
- Working closely with product teams and/or other plants to make sure that there is a smooth transition when developing and transferring products into or out of your facility.
- Preparing and presenting weekly and monthly quality reports that accurately and completely communicate the challenges and quality performance of the plant and elevating when results are above alert lines.
- Driving adherence to procedures in the plant, and continuous improvement of procedures and standard work practices in the plant and globally as quality improvement projects are driven.
- Strategic planning for plant quality including vision, mission, objectives. Tracking projects, driving consensus on priorities, and communicating status updates.
- Driving improvement to facility training and documentation in conformance with corporate documentation policy, which drives standardization of processes.
- Supervision and development of quality team personnel to help the facility get to the next level of quality performance and effective use of resources.
- Leading the control on non-conforming material, quality hold locations, and quality control processes such as approvals/review for run memos, product transfers, and run evaluations.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or related sciences
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Engineering, Operations, or Quality in a manufacturing/distribution setting
- 5 years of experience in team leadership
- Assembly manufacturing experience a plus
- A leader with a passion for excellence and a strong sense of ownership who will relentlessly drive the Quality agenda and act as Lutron's Quality Ambassador in the facility
- Superior communication and influencing skills, across departments and regions
- High level of problem solving and attention to detail
- Knowledge of quality improvement tools, lean manufacturing concepts, ISO 9000, and continuous improvement a plus
- High urgency levels and good fit to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.