See all jobs in San Francisco CA
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Location: US-CA-San Francisco
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 14104
Join Our Amazing Team! If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that is helping to improve healthcare, then Presidio Surgery Center is the place for you.
Presidio Surgery Center is an ambulatory surgery facility which has been providing high quality care to patients in San Francisco since 1989. Modern medical advances have made it possible for an adult or child to have non-emergency surgery and return home the same day. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and Medicare Certified, meeting the highest quality standards, and consistently exceeding national benchmarks for safety.
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (Benefits begin on 1st day of employment)
- No Holidays
- No Weekends
- No On-call
- FREE Parking
- Four Ten Hour Day Shifts
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RN) OR.
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the patient.
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient.
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and anesthesia.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
- CNOR certification preferred
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.