Seattle Reproductive Medicine is a fertility clinic serving the Pacific Northwest region. We've been helping to create life in Seattle for 16 years. We're proud that our efforts have resulted in over 10,000 babies. Our Mission is to offer state of the art reproductive health care, so that people can live healthier, happier lives.
At SRM, we place our patients first and are committed to offer world-class patient care and service. We encourage people with a desire to provide extraordinary patient care to apply. You'll be joining a team committed to meeting the medical and emotional needs of our patients.
Title: Surgery Center Medical Assistant
FTE: Full Time- W, Th, F, Sat, Sun (day shift)
- Assists in surgical procedures, including Egg Retrieval, Dilatation and Curettage, Paracentesis, and Embryo Transfers.
- Prepares surgical set up and field in accordance with AST guidelines.
- Scrubs in accordance with AST guidelines.
- Assists nurses and surgical technologists with the peri-operative care of surgical patients, including rooming patients, assisting in admissions, phlebotomy, obtaining vital signs, and room turnover.
- Assists with directing patients to and from the Operating Room/PACU areas.
- Responsible for setting up, stock, and maintenance in the surgery suite.
- Processes instruments according to SRMs Policies and Procedures and instrument IFUs and AAMI sterilization guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of proper aseptic technique and set up/use of equipment.
- Cleans and cares for all equipment according to OSHA and manufacturer's guidelines.
- Participates in assessing supply inventory, supply ordering, transporting boxes, and restocking all areas of the Surgery Center and Surgery Center storage rooms. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Floats to SRM Clinic to assist Medical Assistants when needed for census.
Medical Assistant licensure required.
Maintains current BLS.